When you receive a calibration certificate from your supplier a few things should be noted:
- The certificate is giving you the outcome of the inspection and is NOT an indication that your equipment is fit for use. READ the certificate.
- Check that the certificate indicates traceability to the equipment that your supplier has used to check your items.
- Make sure there is a validity date on the certificate.
- Ensure that the certificate number is somehow traceable to the actual equipment that has been checked.
- Make sure your supplier is an accredited operation or has acceptable methodology in place to give you confidence they are able to calibrate your equipment accurately.